A helping hand

    Yep, it's all over the news on the San Bernardino school shooting. I couldn't believe that someone could be so heartless when I heard the news. I found myself upset because I just found this unbelievable that a husband will kill her own wife in a classroom. I felt like staff around the school had to step up their game with protecting the students. I also later realized that one of the students who were shot died at the hospital. I felt even worst afterwards because he could've done so much in this life and his life was taken away like that! My thoughts, my opinions, my feelings all changed quickly when I realized that that class was a special ed classroom.

    A class in which I would've land in if my autistic scale was higher. I felt bad in a completely different way now because I realized that those kids are like me in a way. I couldn't believe this because it was kids that are like me. Their going to remember this moment for the rest of their lives, and I can't let this slide, I want to help them. I noticed that the family of the student who died wanted awareness on the disability, but I also noticed that it isn't even autism. It's Williams syndrome and I didn't know what this was, so I decide to do some research on this syndrome. The family wanted to spread awareness on this syndrome, so I am here to lend a helping hand for them. If the family is reading this right now, I feel upset for the loss of your child but you have me to reach your goal of spreading this awareness.

    Williams syndrome, is actually kind of similar to autism in a way. They both share learning disabilities but since Williams syndrome is more rare, I am not completely sure if the learning decrease varies just like autism, and if those with Williams syndrome can also increase learning also like autism (133 iq right here). Also, this disability is extremely rare in which there's only 25,000 individuals in the United States. Going more deeper, their is a benefit that these individuals carry: they are extremely social. Something that some autistic individuals can't carry, those with Williams syndrome go far and beyond with meeting new people and they are always happy and they can create lifelong relationships with just about anyone. This is no expectation to the kid who just shot as I learned that he had made a friend at the school. I feel glad that these individuals can live such a happy life and they are able to have friends who are always there for them, but there's a huge downside to this syndrome.

    Lots of heart problems occur to a individual. Although I don't understand this so much, I do know that this kid who had many heart problems had to go in and out of hospitals, lots of surgeries, and other kinds of horrible events that occur. I feel bad since as a young kid, even when they're born, they have to receive this kind of unfair treatment and they can't do anything to prevent this. After all of this, they still live a happy and care-free life and I am so glad that even though he only lived a short life, the kid still made the most out of his life and I'm glad that he was able to stay happy no matter what obstacle lies ahead of them.

    I know that this blog was rather short, but I made it so I can at least help the families of the students in that class and the family who wanted more awareness. I feel so bad for the students and I hope they can all live normal lives ahead of them and leave this tragic scene behind. I just wish I could more to help these students who had to experience this and I just wish that I could something, just something to change everything for the better: a helping hand you can say. You guys do not have to comment or follow me this time, unless your the families of the children inside the classroom, I would like to have a chat with you guys 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting through my day

My own loss

more than just a relationship