Discrimination reigns

    As much as I hate being discriminated, I hate it even more when others do it to other individuals. My cousin, who's 13 is the only other autistic individual in the whole family tree, but his is a little more intense. Like I've mention before, he actually doesn't really like to talk to anyone besides his family, and his personality also shows it, unlike me. Also, I might be sort of exaggerating at this point but whenever I'm on my Instagram (my blog account) and I look at posts that talk about autism in any way. As I take a peek at the comments, some say "congrats for being an autistic parent" or "congrats for knowing someone with someone with disabilities" etc. I think to myself, what's so special about that? People are no doubly spreading awareness about autism, and while most of them have good intentions of doing so, most of the people write things that look more like discrimination than anything else.

    I visited a gofundme a while back and it wasn't for medical or funereal costs, it was to fund a service dog. I mean, a service dog, who can say no to that? Expect, that service dog was for a kid with autism. I read the description and the parent who made this instantly made me dislike them. They were the kind of parents who saw their kids as autistic, and someone with no potential of living a normal life. I didn't donate any money (obviously since my age restricts me to do so) but what I did do was make a constrictive comment on how the service dog wasn't necessary for someone like him. I also explained that the mom was being extremely overprotective and how a service dog wouldn't help his kid with being scared from loud noises or not eating certain foods. I mean, they could've just gotten a normal dog for his son to play with and consider family, but a service dog, instantly raises a red flag to me that the mom who created the gofundme isn't a mom who will understand their kid. The mom will end up listening to others beliefs and not his own sons, who deserves to share his opinions more than anyone. The mom never responded, and at the time that I checked the gofundme, it was halfway funded, which indicates that a bunch of people are dumb enough to follow such  terrible choices and prove that autistic individuals will always need help, no matter what, which is obviously not true. (Update: I couldn't find the page but I found a worst gofundme called 'Gage's autism treatment' and says how they don't like how their sons autistic. This is the kind of discrimination that makes me hate these parents. Don't support this fundraiser, cause it only raises discrimination support).

    No doubly, lots of people love spreading awareness on the internet about autism. I mean, they all try to have good intentions of doing it, such as spreading awareness of what it is, individuals with the disability, and other things, but some things that they say is just extremely cruel and unnecessary. Some posts say "shoutout for parents who have children with autism" or shoutout for the teachers who work in special education" and I'm like, what's so special about that. These kids are only different, not something that you should consider a burden. I remember when I was younger, people would look at me, than tell my mom, I don't get it, what is autism? My mom explained that it 'affects' my personality which for me, that wasn't the case. Since my mom had told just about all of her friends, they would treat me different, like if I had the mindset of a toddler. I remember when I was around 9 when my mom told me to take some medicine pills prescribed by a doctor that were autistic related. I slammed them to the ground and when my mom asked me why I wouldn't swallow them, I told her that the pills, and everything that she's doing makes me look different and how my goal is to be treated like a normal person. I started to cry, and so did my mom.

    I was much more hyper from elementary school and before, so lots of people would've hate that version of me. I used to play soccer with my old neighbors who don't live here anymore. I remember how whenever someone, including me would make a goal, I tried to make it like the full experience and yell out Goal! Goal! Goal! A while later, my neighbors didn't like to play with me anymore. This one time, it was around 9am when I woke up and I heard yelling outside my house. I saw my neighbors playing soccer by themselves, without me. I opened the door, and I stared at them, and they stared at me without responding. I hadn't seen them play soccer for a month, and they day they do play, they didn't invite me to tag along. One of my neighbors told me that they didn't want to play with me anymore because I'm way too annoying. I yelled at them and told them that they aren't allowed near my house anymore so I got the water hose outside and started to spray them with water. They all ran and within feet, they arrived at another house at the apartment complex. One of the mom's of the kids came later to complain that I wetted their kid that morning. I yelled at the mom saying how they've playing without me for a month without me and I told her that they're not allowed near my house anymore. The mom also stood speechless, like a bunch of people that I've surprised.

    I hate discrimination, like a lot. Everyone needs to learn that were all humans trying to adjust to our lifestyles, and some of us will have troubles along the way. Just because autistic individuals are 'different' doesn't mean every part of their life should be, well at least if they choose not to. People have come to a point where helping these individuals actually affects them, to a point where people find this normal. I for one actually realize that these kinds of actions are not the best ones for helping autistics, and others should understand this too so that they will help them in a better approach. If an autistic teenager understands that the community is getting out of hand, than everyone else should as well.

    Isn't it ironic how someone with a higher autistic scale barely gets any bad recognition, whereas I who barely made it to the scale has all the bad recognition like it's people's job?
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting through my day

My own loss

more than just a relationship