anything but normal


    I been going through a lot lately, and it's all because of my disability. My family (even cousins, uncles, and aunts) has gone at an all time high of treating me unfairly. I been having emotional break downs lately, crying by myself, thinking what I did wrong to deserve this kind of hate and anger. I did think of one thing during my breakdowns: what is my function in life? I am a good kid, yet people don't see it that way. If I ever become famous in some way, I don't want people to see me as autistic, I want to be seen as normal, without anyone knowing the truth because that's just going to create lots of tension in me. I been doing some research lately on autistic charts and graphs (I know, I was suppose to show them earlier but I been busy in school), but it's not so good, at least to other autistic individuals.

    First off, the percentage of individuals that have autism and how they're ranked. I'm ranked at the highest level of this following chart, and I got to say, it feels great to be ranked here, but others don't see it this way, take a look for yourself.
Image result for percentage of autistic people that will be able to drive
I don't want to brag because I got a 133 iq score, many 4.0 GPA's, and have lots of strong abilities (some say I have too many to count). I'm basically at the verge of becoming normal, but as I keep mentioning, it's not that way for others.

    Next up, the classrooms settings of kids with disabilities, and this one isn't too surprising but some areas of this pie graph are, see what I mean?

Again, I'm a small percentage of students, and again I feel proud of doing so, but the 49% of students in all special ed classes is surprising.

    Another graph that caught my eye has to be the difference between autistic boys and autistic girls. I understand that they're fewer autistic girls with autism, but the way this graph says it, it sounds like if girls don't and can't have autism, look!

This next one doesn't have any graphs but I copied and pasted the words, so you're just going to have to take my word. The following words express if autistic kids should drive when they grow up. Although they do say that very few individuals drive better than regular individuals, its very few and it's still a matter if you should, take a look:

The findings are based on a national survey of nearly 300 parents of teens ages 15 to 18 with a diagnosis of autism, Asperger’s syndrome or pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified. Teens who were also diagnosed with intellectual disability were not included in the research, which was published in the Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics this month.
    Of the teens with autism who were already driving, about 12 percent had received a ticket or been involved in a crash. Meanwhile statistics show that 31 percent of all teens have gotten a ticket and 22 percent have been in an auto accident.
The researchers suggest that the lower rate of problems among drivers with autism could be because these teens are sticklers for rules or because parents of those with the developmental disorder are more restrictive with driving privileges.
“Over the past decade, the rate of children diagnosed with (ASDs) has increased, meaning that more of those kids are now approaching driving age. Car crashes are the number one cause of death for teenagers, so it is important that we understand how (ASDs) impact driving and how to develop appropriate educational and evaluation tools,” said Patty Huang, a developmental pediatrician at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the lead author of the study.
Researchers found that among teens with autism, drivers are more likely to be those who are at least 17-years-old, attending regular education classes full-time and planning to go to college. However, these teens were unlikely to have any IEP goals pertaining to driving, which the study authors said presents a missed opportunity in transition planning.

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2012/01/10/should-teens-autism-drive/14743/(link in case you don't take my word)

     Last one, is the percentage of autistic individuals that are non-verbal, I'll comment after the showings.
Image result for autistic people who are non verbal graph
This came to me by surprise since all the autistic individuals that I know are verbal (and known), and this is just one of the many similar graphs that have the exact same percentage. Either this is fake or I must be really lucky to know autistic individuals that are all verbal, but who knows.

    That's the end of this blog, I know it was rather odd over my other ones but I did mention that once in a while I was going to write about stuff besides me. I also know it's rather early for a blog, too early in fact but I had to write a new one because like I mentioned, I been going through a lot and I want to stop thinking about the bad things about me, and focus on what I really enjoy doing, helping you guys. If you guys can do me one favor, it's that I really want you guys to help spread my blog. I really want others to see the truth about autistic individuals (or at least me) and realize that were also superior. Comment if you have any questions, follow me if you want to stay tuned, and again, I implore you guys, spread the word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting through my day

My own loss

more than just a relationship