From a different perspective

    Yes I am different, so what? Besides the fact that I have a disability, there's lots of other things that set me apart. I love adventuring and letting myself free, I am a very joyful and fun person, and I write blogs so I share my experience with the rest of you guys. Now in days, it's getting harder and harder for me to be accepted in society, even by my own family. It sucks that I have so many exceptions in society that I wish I was apart of, even if I prove myself. No matter how hard I try to prove that something that I have to live with for the rest of my life doesn't necessarily affect me in any bad way, people don't seem to have that in mind, including my own family. Lots of these situations have happened to me before, and in this blog, I want to list the ones that have affected me the most.

    Elementary school was where I started to gain all my knowledge about reality, at least my reality. I kept getting bullied by kids that I didn't even know, for the reasons that I didn't know. I tried to find the answer to this, but I had to wait towards the end of first grade if I wanted to find out. At last, I was finally being mainstreamed into the regular ed setting, in which I saw it as a bigger opportunity to make new friends (in short: I didn't make any new friends). You guys probably remember this from a past post, so I won't go into full details. Basically, my mom and my upcoming second grade teacher were chatting when I asked her to go outside to run around for a while. She let me go and I ran around this one tree over and over. Once I got tired, I quickly became intrigued on the new surroundings before my very eyes, since I was stuck in a completely different setting before. I began to walk around the place, looking at the bigger playground, and actual cafeteria and not just a teacher bringing us lunch food, and even more than just one boys and girls restroom. As I was feeling happy in my new setting, I quickly came across my old one, inside a fence. I realized everything after this, that my type wasn't to be treated like normal individuals and we have to prove our superiority to gain access to the better setting. I figured it out a such a young age. My mom never told me this, nor did my therapists, nor anyone else. It was me to introduced myself into reality, and what was behind my back the whole time. I felt ashamed ever since because I was being treated differently for something that wasn't my fault, but it only gets worst from there.

     I don't want to get to the point of bragging, but ya I'm pretty smart. I tried to prove myself and many others our genius at a 8th grade writing challenge exam. Whoever got accepted would be in a honors English class for the next school year, which was great for improving my reading. Of course, I got accepted to the class thanks to the amazing essay that I wrote. It was stated that I got accepted right on all the papers handed around the school, but I guess the high school counselors didn't get the memo. Again. this was probably another thing that I wrote in my past blogs before, so I'll briefly explain the situation. The counselors didn't accept me in the class because I was special ed, even though I got into the class fair and square. It took months for the school to finally accept me. I involved my school, the high school, and towards the end, the district to help me get me into the class that I deserved. I hated how I got the class, and I was supposed to be in it, but they accept me because I was special ed, even though I perfectly show that it doesn't affect me academic-wise. I cried for days, which turned into weeks, and eventually months. Even though I felt better in some days, the inside of me never stopped felling sorry for what has happened. At that point, I didn't want to prove anyone right. I let my family torture me with their sick jokes, because I believed that there was no way that I could've defended myself, even if I tried. I had no hope in me, just because of that one day. Of course, I eventually got in the class and I passed both semesters with A's, so jokes on them for making me feel bad.

    This next situation I know I never mentioned in my blogs, because I actually forgot about it for a long time. This was last year during my summer break, because at that time one of my worst uncles came to visit us. I wanted to have a sleepover with my cousins, because they are like my best friends and we care about each other. My uncle was going to head there that evening, and of course I didn't want to talk to him or have to do anything with him during the ride, but just someone to take me 20 miles. My mom agreed, and she helped me pack a small amount of luggage. When my mom told my uncle that I was going to tag along, he said "I'm not going to take him with me." I of course asked why and I felt an instant anger. He answered something I was expecting, "because you're special ed." I began to cry waterfalls, and my mom was in shocked and didn't know what to do. He added "no one your age cries, unless you're special ed." I kicked my luggage towards him in purpose so it would hit his knee, and it worked as I heard him yell "ow" as I was running away towards my room. This has happened to me so many times, so I just did the usual routine of crying for 30 minutes, and using my phone or writing blogs to eventually forgot about all of this since I knew I wasn't getting what I wanted. This time was different however, because even though my uncle was mad at me for basically the rest of his summer trip (honestly I didn't even care, it was on him), he took me to the sleepover and I got to enjoy an amazing night with my family.

    Obviously, I've been through a lot since I was little, but It's fine since I get to learn from these experiences, and that in itself led to me writing blogs and helping people who are struggling like me. I know I still have a long road ahead of me but it's fine since I can write blogs and learn from them. I know it won't be the last time I'm treated differently from the rest due to my disability, so all I can do at this point is prepare for what the road has to offer. I hope everyone enjoyed my latest blog, and a happy new years to everyone :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting through my day

My own loss

more than just a relationship